Wednesday 9 January 2013

Welcome to my library!

Some people live for music. Others live for food. Other live for fashion, sports, or one of the countless other benign little obsessions that make life more bearable. Me, I live for books. The school library was my safehouse when I was in high school. Friendless in high school.  In England (now 'friendful' - that should be a word, so I'll pretend it is!!!) Waterstones was my mecca, and small independent bookshops my quaint little churches.   I am that person that smells a new book as though it were freshly baked bread straight out of a butter TV add.

I've read hundreds (maybe a couple thousand?) books throughout my life. Some stuck with me, some made me turn into a Giant Squid of Anger, some I forgot. It's a shame about the latter. I don't want to have any more books neglected by my memory. This is my little list of the books I will read from this point on (and maybe some old favourites). 

Some people smoke...
Some people take Prozac...
I read books. And I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment