Saturday 12 January 2013

2013 Bookish Resolutions

Given that we are still in January, I figured it was not too late for resolutions, and could just about squeeze mine in. So without further ado, here they are!

1.  Start a book blog and update regularly.
2.  Read 60 new books (i.e. re-reads don't count) and review them on this blog.
3.  Read at least 15 Classics.
4.  Read The Host. All of it. With an open mind. And no preconceived loathing in my heart. More on this on another post.
5.  Stop being horrible, snobby, judgmental so-and-so about chick-lit.
6.  Read one of Haruki Murakami's books - any recommendations? 
7.  Get through my current Goodreads TBR list before adding new books to it. 
8.  Have a massive book cull before someone finds me buried underneath a pile of books when my bookshelf decides to stop being subjected to holding twice its book capacity and takes revenge by collapsing on top of me. 
9.  Whenever possible, buy from independent bookshops.
10. Control my book-buying and bookmark-buying compulsion.

No comments:

Post a Comment